Full disclosure, this is really hard for me. Really hard. But I have to ask all of you for a BIG favor. If you’re enjoying my blog, would you please, Like, Share, Follow via WordPress and/or email, etc.? So essentially all the stuffz? I really need to increase my platform and I don’t know how else to do that other than to ask all of you for help.
Why do I need to increase my reach? Because, I can’t believe I’m actually able to say this, but I have a book to sell. And I need a larger platform to help convince a publisher that they should buy the book.
A little backstory: Last year my dear professor friend asked me to help her write a textbook for her course on Family Conflict. Needless to say I was flabbergasted that she would trust me to help her on such a big project. You see, what she didn’t know was that I have always wanted to write a book, but was afraid to do it. Afraid of what? Failure. Yeah, I know, that’s a really stupid reason not to try something. Alas, that was exactly the choice I had made. But thankfully, I was capable of making a different choice and with a lot of encouragement, I did.
Fast forward 14 months and we now have the first draft completed. It’s still a ways from being ready to send to a publisher, but I need to start working on the ancillary stuff, like a digital platform, before we submit our first book proposal. And that’s why I’m coming to you, asking for your help. To make it as easy as possible, I’ve complied a handy dandy list for you, several with links attached.
How You Too Can Shamelessly Plug Me
- First of all, and you’ve already done this, read my blog. 🙂
- Hit the subscribe button at the bottom of any post.
- Comment on my posts.
- Click on the links I share on my Facebook pages, and in your email. (Every click counts apparently.)
- Share my posts on your own social media accounts.
- Go and like the professional page I’m constructing on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Shannon-R-Brown-258563911658322/?modal=admin_todo_tour
- If you’re on the Twitter, Follow @QueenofLoquacity. I have just begun tweeting the link for the blog out on that account. https://twitter.com/QueenOLoquacity
- Celebrate my heightened profile with me!
I truly appreciate all of you and all the support you have given me since I began this endeavor. I promise not to spam your inbox or give any of your info away. It’s just between us.
Thank you for allowing, and helping, me to shamelessly plug myself.