It’s National Puppy Day. In celebration I have written a thank you note.
Dear Stella & Boomhauer,
- Thank you for the joy you bring every day.
- Thank you for the warm snuggles on cold days.
- Thank you for exuberantly greeting me each time I come home.
- Thank you for circling back to offer thanks after I’ve fed you.
- Thank you for keeping me flexible as I attempt to sleep in the tiny space you allot me on the bed each night.
- Thank you for the acupressure treatment your paws provide as you walk across me at all hours of the night.
- Thank you for helping me stay active by emitting such odiferous gas that I have no choice but to get off the couch and try to outrun the stench.
- Thank you for sitting on the bathmat while I shower. Without you there I would get lonely.
- Thank you for making me feel loved as you fight over who gets to sit with me each morning while I try to have my quiet time.
- Thank you for keeping my food intake in check by intercepting snacks as I attempt to ingest them.
- Thank you for helping me keep my floors spic and span by tracking in mud and grass from the backyard thus requiring frequent cleaning.
- Thank you for providing the upper body workout that is filling in the holes you dig in the backyard.
- Thank you for teaching me patience by making me wait to use the toilet until you’ve finished drinking.
- Thank you for providing me with an extra layer of warmth by coating me in your fur.
- And finally, thank you for loving me through both my best and worst days. I couldn’t ask for better companions.